Regular Gluten Free Oat Flakes Porridge
- 75g IrishTown Gluten Free Oats
- 225 ml Water / Milk
- Pinch of salt – optional
- Place the oats in a pan then add the water / milk over a medium heat (and add a pinch of salt – optional)
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a steady simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring continuously to give you a smooth creamy porridge – if you like your porridge runnier, simply add some more milk or water until you achieve the desired consistency.
Serving Suggestion (per single serving):
Prepare the oats as above and then add and mix all the ingredients.
- 1 tbsp walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts or other nuts.
- 1 tbsp mix seeds Mix (linseed, sunflowerseed, etc)
- 1 tbsp blueberries or other berries
- 1 tsp Grated Coconut
- Dash of honey
- Pinch of cinnamon
- A little cold milk (if preparing with water).
SANDY PIE BASE
With a traditional appearance, this oatmeal based pie is very quick and easy to prepare. The result is both soft and sandy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Resting time: 20-30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 tarts)
- 45 g hazelnuts
- 75 g IrishTown Oat Flakes
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon grated coconut (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable fat (melted coconut oil, margarine)
- 1 tablespoon honey
Finely crush the hazelnuts, in a coffee grinder or blender. Mix all dry ingredients and add a pinch of salt. Combine the honey with coconut oil. Pour liquid mixture over dry mixture, then work it all together with your fingertips until you achieve a crumbly texture. Mix and form a ball. Wrap in film and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes. Form 4 tart moulds, if necessary use the back of a spoon to properly shape the borders. Prick some holes in the base of the tart using a fork. Bake for 10 minutes at 170°C. Keep an eye on the oven and cover with a sheet of baking paper if needed. Cool completely before filling.
Note: Whole nuts can be replaced with hazelnut or almond flour. Vary the flavour by replacing the vanilla and / or coconut. Grated coconut is optional. For allergy sufferers, replace coconut oil with a vegetable margarine to maintain a firm texture (another vegetable oil may soften the pastry after cooking and complicate the moulding and cutting).